Category Archives: News
Just like China and the news about their astronauts, which was fabricated with quotes and all before their rocket even launched, John McCain ran an ad on the Wall Street Journal claiming he had won the debate – on the afternoon before the debate had happened.
At least this was an original idea, not one he co-0pted from Obama like Change and He Just Doesn’t Get It. Or one where he calls Obama out for doing something that McCain did as in the whole Exploiting the $700B Bailout for Political Gain.
At least some people are finally coming to understand that Obama is the only candidate offering real change.
>Who is Sarah Palin? Here’s some basic background:
- She was elected Alaska’s governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience. (1)
- She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000. (3)
- She’s solidly in line with John McCain’s “Big Oil first” energy policy. She’s pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won’t be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska. (6)
- How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position. (7)
- She voted to keep aerial hunting of bears and wolves legal – she thinks it’s cool to shoot animals from a helicopter.
1. “Sarah Palin,” Wikipedia, Accessed August 29, 2008
3. “Sarah Palin, Buchananite,” The Nation, August 29, 2008
6. “McCain VP Pick Completes Shift to Bush Energy Policy,” Sierra Club, August 29, 2008
“Choice of Palin Promises Failed Energy Policies of the Past,” League of Conservation Voters, August 29, 2008
“Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor,” The Times of London, May 23, 2008
7 “McCain met Palin once before yesterday,” MSNBC, August 29, 2008
…and the comic was created by Scott McCloud no less!
>Woman who had her laptop stolen was able to connect to the computer, photograph two suspects and file the photos to police
“At that point the victim signed onto another computer and used the “Back to My Mac” program to determine that her stolen MacIntosh laptop was on the Web.”
After clicking on this link, scroll down and read the few raw paragraphs from the recently declassified document written by a supposed psychic being employed by the C.I.A. in 1986. I’m not saying that the implications of this document and “vision” are necessarily as substantial as the Wired journalist feels that it is, but it’s extremely interesting nonetheless.